Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Illness/Sickness: Baby axie is sick :(

xMissyDx

Reaction score
Hi all, i need some help quick!! Im new to this site, although iv been reading all your info about axies to help me along with my first. I bought a tiny albino one froma nice man who had the parents. At first, it was fine, feeding on small daphnia, microworm ect. About two weeks ago, i found it floating around in its tub, and i think it was only just alive. I did some research, and put it in the fridge (i hope i was righy doin this?!) I took it out 3 days later, let it warm up slightly and fed it. It seemed fine with the food. Since then, its not eaten a thing, or had any bowel movements, nothing. Id hoped it was just still adjusting to the temp. Iv just checked it again now and as i tried to get it to move, it went upside down again, and seemed very weak. What do i do? Its only an inch long!! Please help x

Kaysie

Site Contributor
Reaction score
How much are you feeding? What is the temperature of your water in and out of the fridge? How are you treating the water and doing water changes?

xMissyDx

Reaction score
How much are you feeding? What is the temperature of your water in and out of the fridge? How are you treating the water and doing water changes?

The water is 22c, nit sure about the fridge, but its been out of there for a week or so niw. Water isnt being treated the local fish shop said its fine for axies. I also have another, in a seperate tank, and seems to be doin brill. Baby gets fed about 2-3 small daphnia every two days, but i never give it more than what it can eat
Thanks again x

Kaysie

Site Contributor
Reaction score
When they're that small, they should be swimming in daphnia and allowed to feed constantly.

xMissyDx

Reaction score
Really? The store told me i could overfeed it? Its not even eating the ones in its tub? Should my next step then be to get some fresh daphnia and put the whole lot into my axie tank x

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!