GFP Axolotl VS normal axolotls

mikeg

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Display Name
Michael
was thinking of getting 3 more axolotls and was thinking of getting a couple GFP ones.

just that i heard the GFP axolotls die alot easier compared to normal axolotls

i wanted to get a golden, a wild, and a meloind but wasnt sure which gene to go with. when i recive them they will be only 3-5" long

just that i heard the GFP axolotls die alot easier compared to normal axolotls

i

Where did you hear that? It has not been my experience. I think their are lots of guesses about axolotl husbandry, behavior, and phenotypes.

I haven't heard of them being weaker or more prone to die either. If you have a light on them all the time to make them shine that might stress them out. That's just a guess though, as I have no idea how much of the visible light spectrum they can see.

i sell baby axolotls around the gta and my buys said they have bought GFP ones and they died with in a month which worried me because i was going to get three of them.

when i get them is there any type of food i could feed them to calm them down or do somthing other than keep the lights off to help stress

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back