Suggestions on what type to breed with these axols

susy

Reaction score
Country
Australia
45355_4531176958998_234167103_n.jpg

530204_4542633285399_1108043730_n.jpg

Im also looking at getting a olive green axol and was wondering what would be the best mate for it too

It all depends on what colours you are after in the offspring? As long as you don't breed either of your two with wildtypes you should get a nice mix of both parents plus possibly a few others. Your first axolotl look like a Copper and your second a Melanoid.

Regards Neil

i was talking to a mate and was thinking about breeding the black with a white albino and the copper with a gold albino....... what do u think about that mixture..? and the olive one im going to get i still havent desided. do you have any suggestions....

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back