Illness/Sickness: Whats wrong with my litle dudes?

Nerissa Henley

Reaction score
Country
New Zealand
Hey all, just wondering if anyone could tell me whats wrong with my little dudes an what i need to do to treat them? They both have some sort of fungus type illness one has white stuff all over him and the other has a rusty red colour spots type thing all over him? Thry still eating plenty an seem happy enough but id hate to think whats going on in their insides if they look this bad on their skin. Please help :(
I can't upload photos from off my iphone but I can email you some if you email me on nerissariley22@hotmail.com

Is the white stuff looking fluffy, like cotton wool?

If it looks 'fungusy' I'd be looking at salt baths but wouldnt have a clue about the spots :( good luck

I wouldn't do a salt bath unless you know exactly what it is. Especially if you're not even sure if it's fungus. The red spots could possibly be open wounds and that would cause your axolotl a lot of pain. So you should try to upload a picture here when you have the chance to use a computer and hopefully one of the more experienced/knowledged people can help you with it. Good luck.:)

At first the white stuff looked like cotton wool but now it just looks like a smooth white coating i guess would be the best way to explain it

A picture speaks a thousand words!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back