Hello Everybody!

jennamae93

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
Jenna
Hi, my name is Jenna. I'm from Maryland, but am currently residing in a dorm hall at Delaware Valley College in Pennsylvania. While I mainly have reptiles (Bearded Dragons, Box Turtle, Red-Eared Slider), I have 2 Fire Bellied Newts and hope to add to my amphibian friends. I have always loved frogs since I was little and have had multiple Leopard Frogs, Eastern Grey Tree-frogs, and American Toads. I really want a White's Tree Frog and an Eastern Tiger Salamander, but those will have to wait until I have a house of my own. ;) I actually work at a small animal lab here on campus and I work mainly with their amphibians, I am working to become Herp leader. Well, I think I've talked enough...if you'd like to know anything about me, don't hesitate to ask! :D

yo what up jenna? i wish i went to college and got into what your doing instead i bought a house and work a crappy job. So we are reversed as it goes. im new to this site but have always loved amphibians nevermind my spelling as im im drunk right now but share your same enthusiasum .
i currently have red newts and( spring salamander-my favorite) along with spotted salamanders and blue spotted salamandersd
in any event i feel that commuication is the infrastructure on wich we prosper so i would like to extend my hand toward a fellow kindred spirit in the study and care of these awesome creatures .

yo what up jenna? i wish i went to college and got into what your doing instead i bought a house and work a crappy job. So we are reversed as it goes. im new to this site but have always loved amphibians nevermind my spelling as im im drunk right now but share your same enthusiasum .
i currently have red newts and( spring salamander-my favorite) along with spotted salamanders and blue spotted salamandersd
in any event i feel that commuication is the infrastructure on wich we prosper so i would like to extend my hand toward a fellow kindred spirit in the study and care of these awesome creatures .

Well hi there! Yeah...decided college was the way for me. However, I can't wait to have a house of my own. A lot of money, but something I really want. (I'd love a log cabin). Haha, you spelled it fine!
That's a lot of salamanders and newts you have there! Are they in a communal setting or in separate cages?
I absolutely love your last sentence. Very..poetic. :) Thank you for being a friend.

Hey Jenna! I am around Philadelphia and currently attend West Chester University!

You have me beat in terms of any aquatic life/amphibians... I have none :[ I am looking to buy two/three axolotls soon though, but I am having a hard time finding a locate pet store/breeder. Do you know of any? I see that you're in Doylestown, so I figured you might have a good lead :]

Hey Jenna! I am around Philadelphia and currently attend West Chester University!

You have me beat in terms of any aquatic life/amphibians... I have none :[ I am looking to buy two/three axolotls soon though, but I am having a hard time finding a locate pet store/breeder. Do you know of any? I see that you're in Doylestown, so I figured you might have a good lead :]

Hi there! Sorry to get back to you so late! I didn't even realize you commented!

Axies are adorable. I don't have any, but would love some eventually when I am out of college and have my own house (my mom would shoot me if I brought anything else home!) As far as where to get them...I don't know any one around the Doylestown area that has them. The one pet shop gets some interesting herps in, but I've never seen any Axolotls. My best recommendation would be to find someone on here that is selling or to go to a reptile expo in the area. This weekend there is one in Oaks, PA on Saturday and one in Teaneck, NJ on Sunday. I am going to both and from past expos I've been to, they have a large range of different herps for sale, so you might run across a breeder of Axies. Sorry I can't be any more specific!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back