Question: Accidental breeding help!!!!

Moomin

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Display Name
Miss_Bikealot
577192_10151113127652875_1968893788_n.jpg
My 2 year old axolotls have bred! Theres about 70 eggs attached to leaves with little grub lookin things in them wiggling what do i do!!!!

The little grubs are axolotls! You can try to sell/give them Away in the forsake section of this website, try gumtree.com or possibly just let the adults eat them.

I've put them in a little seperation thingie so the adults can't get to them ^________^
Say i want to grow them what do i have to do?
What do new borns eat?
How fast do they grow?
What do they hatch?! lol

New borns will eat baby brine shrimp, alive however so you may have to culture your own, there's a sticky for them at the top of this subforum. They will grow extremely quickly after hatching, water in the container that they've hatched in will need to be changed every day to avoid toxic ammonia. It would be worth looking through some other posts for useful info on rearing. Goodluck :)

I you don't want them just leave them for the parents to eat.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back