Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Hello from London, UK

Methodzki

Reaction score
Hello

My name is Andrew. I started my story with Axolotls about three months ago. I found add in Gumtree with axies not wanted any more by some lady. When she send me photos i found that they were in a realy bad state so decided to buy them and help than picking some lovely ones from the petshop. And here they are:

Leonidas - as i found out later a female but the name stuck so... He/she was in the worst state, realy skinny, scared and didn't move front leg. It rotten and fell off. I put him in seperate tank and started feading him/her earthworms, goopies and chicken livers. He/she is a realy big boy/girl now. Leg is groving back nicely. Still scared of touch and sudden movment but realy happy when see me.

Fatty - female, always hungry and in constant move. Realy friendly and cuirious of the world aroun her. Loves to sit on my hand.

Bastard - male, smaller than the others, shy and quiet i feel he is not happy but I am working on it. Got smaller gills and problems with a leg. Called hom bastard cos when it comes to food he is a real hunter, his atacks are precise and on target.

So you meet the crew and me. Now if you can please give me some advice about this forum, some tips, interesting links and introduce yourself. That wouls be great!

Much love!

Jan

Site Contributor
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum! I think you will find great information here and a friendly group willing to share their expertise and experiences. Check out these links to Caudata Culture for some very helpful information and articles:

Caudata Culture Axolotl Articles

Caudata Culture Species Entry - Ambystoma mexicanum - Axolotl

You'll find this site very helpful as well: Axolotls: The Fascinating Mexican Axolotl and the Tiger Salamander

And of course, the subsection of the forum devoted to axolotls: Beginner Newt, Salamander, Axolotl & Help Topics - Axolotls (<i>Ambystoma mexicanum</i>) at Caudata.org Newt and Salamander Portal

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!