Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Hello!

CJ1981

Reaction score
Hello!

I'm a new convert to the joys of keeping Axolotls. I live in Swansea, South Wales and would appreciate any advice etc that those with a longer owner pedigree than me may have! I currently have 2 Axolotls and am looking to introduce a third in the next week or so.

Looking forward to getting to know the lovely little critters better.

CJ

Jan

Site Contributor
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum! I think you will find great information here and a friendly group willing to share their expertise and experiences. Check out these links to Caudata Culture for some very helpful information and articles:

Caudata Culture Species Entry - Ambystoma mexicanum - Axolotl

Caudata Culture Axolotl Articles

You'll find this site very helpful as well: Axolotls: Axolotls: The Fascinating Mexican Axolotl and the Tiger Salamander

And of course, the subsection of the forum devoted to axolotls: Beginner Newt, Salamander, Axolotl & Help Topics - Axolotls (<i>Ambystoma mexicanum</i>) at Caudata.org Newt and Salamander Portal

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1