Im on a rescue mission today.

dvsgal

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Display Name
Sarah Borda
I got a phone call from a friend who is an estate agent. He had to evict a tenant as they didn't look after the house. The house was checked for any abandoned pets and was given the 'all clear', That was a month ago.

My friend walked in with the owner yesterday and found an axolotl in very poor condition.
Its now in clean water and in his fridge.
I will be picking it up in an hour.

I hope i can help this little fella.

Wish me luck.

The axolotl passed away lastnight.
It had no legs, was full of fungus and had half a tail.
I saw some photos, it had a tank friend but it died and was well
decomposed in the tank.

Im so heartbroken right now :(

The axolotl passed away lastnight.
It had no legs, was full of fungus and had half a tail.
I saw some photos, it had a tank friend but it died and was well
decomposed in the tank.

Im so heartbroken right now :(

This is just devastating :( I really feel for you right now and well done for being there when they were in need. I'm just so sad you weren't able to get to them before it was too late but that certainly wasn't your fault. It's so tragic when an animal has to go through such torture. Sending hugs!

Thanks everyone for your support.

I buried the axolotl in the garden bed where we grow
our roses.

May the little fella RIP

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back