Illness/Sickness: Wrinkled tail, should i be worried.

Rea124

Reaction score
Country
United States
My 2month axies tail looks wrinkled, what does it mean and how can i fix it?

When you say wrinkled do you mean the skin looks to have creases or does the tail look veiny? Pictures would help on diagnosis :happy:

like the top and bottom are wavy and creased a little. i cant really get a pic because hes so small lol.

like the top and bottom are wavy and creased a little. i cant really get a pic because hes so small lol.

Understandable, he's tiny! lol. I think it's most likely just natural creases in the skin. Obviously keep an eye on the areas for redness and any raised patches. It's good to check your water quality as well as this can cause changes in the skin but I doubt it's anything to worry about. As long as he seems happy, is eating well and hasn't had any drastic behavioral changes, he should be fine.

haha yeah if you check on my page you can see hes not even 2inches!

Hi,

im worried about my 2 axolotls. I have only had them about 3-4 weeks. The gold on doesnt seem to be getting bigger...if anything its like shes getting smaller. She has no marks on her and she looks the same as always. But the amount of movement she is doing has decreased greatly. The black one keeps floating but can stay on the ground if he likes. He is growing rapidly and eating alot more then the gold one. I went away for 3 days and my family was looking after them. Now there are huge changes in their behaviours...what could be wrong?

1. Is your tank cycled?
2. What are your water parameters?
3. How old and how big are your axies?
4. What are you feeding them?
5. Post a photo of your axies and their tank - it would help.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back