Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

What are the gender of my axolotl help PLS!!

JessKB

Reaction score
Your links don't work. Please place your photos into the thread itself by clicking the small paper clip icon "attachments" when making a post and upload them directly from your computer.

jeromeetabuzo

Reaction score
i would say theyre all female

it's impossible they're both female because i just didnt take a clear shot on the other one and it's not yet an adult also if i got that picture it looks a little pinkinsh ill try to post more pictures and also someone told me they're male and female not sure....
ok take a look at these pics closely it's cloaca is different are they male and female?
axolotl 1:http://www.flickr.com/photos/61718568@N06/8107629180/in/photostream
axolotl 2:http://www.flickr.com/photos/61718568@N06/8107709278/in/photostream

Bdyoung

Reaction score
You'd notice a huge bulge if it was a male like this

Attachments

• IMG_0241.jpg
    IMG_0241.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 1,134
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1