Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Mushroom on my Terrarium - Please tell me I don't need to re do my giant vivarium

clahalle

Reaction score
Hi all!

I have been watching spores develop in the lowest substrate of my terrarium but these died in a day or two. However, today I've woke up to find a almost totally developed mushroom on the top substrate. I immediately removed before the spores were released.

Should I change all my terrarium?

I have mandarin newts on it and they are OK so far.
Here are the pics: (I think it's mycena?)
photostream

photostream

photostream

I would lovvve to know

Thanks!!!

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The photos aren't working but mushrooms are nothing to worry about. They'll often pop up in tanks with moist substrates. They rarely appear in large numbers so enjoy them while they last!

Last edited:

clahalle

Reaction score
Thanks so much for your answer Mark! That's a relief. The photos.are posted in flickr.com and my user name is Clari Halle. I'll try to upload later on my computer. Really, thanks, it may sound strange to you but here mandarin newts are so difficult to adquire that i freak out uppon the smallest change on the habitat or them.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!