There is something wrong with our dear Lottie

AshnCasey13

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Lottie has always been a bit wonky.. when we got her she had less fingers than what she was supposed to, and had issues walking around the tank. we think it was the way her limbs may have grown back after being lost when she was with the breeder...

Over the last couple of weeks we have noticed that on occasion she developes a kink in her back/tail, and has a bit of trouble moving. usually it goes away again, and i think around the same time i find poo in the tank...

SHe has been hanging out in the top of the tank for about 6 days now, and appears to be bouyant. She goes down to the bottom of the tank but as soon as she stops swimming is pulled back up to the surface.

She isnt gulping for much are at the top, so the O2 in the tank must be ok... it is a little bit warm, and so we are going to move her to downstairs where it is significantly cooler today.

There hasnt been poo in the tank since we changed the water a week ago...

Was wondering if anyone had any idea?? i think she is constipated but it could be something else??

photos attatched... THANKS!

Attachments

• lotticus12.jpg
    lotticus12.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 227
  • lotticus11.jpg
    lotticus11.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 662
Maybe it's just me or the picture being blurry but it doesn't look like an axolotl to me.

She's been very active today- difficult to get a photo where she isnt wriggling. she is deffinately an axolotl...

Attachments

• lottie good quality.JPG
    lottie good quality.JPG
    102.4 KB · Views: 276
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back