Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Playing dead or deep sleep?

Harpii

Reaction score
This morning I fed my axies some blood worms, Norbert had a snap at lottie as she passed him which freaked her out a bit and she swam away to a safe spot and went stiff, I decided to give her a gentle nudge after a while as she still hadn't moved and nothing she was solid, so I tried again and still she stayed solid, I thought I'd wait and see just in case and then Norbert decided to push passed her to get to more food and she moved! I was so relieved, usually when I gently nudge them they move. Could she have been playing dead after Norbert snapped her or could she have been sleeping?

toothgrinder14

Reaction score
One of mine has freaked before and swam straight into the glass wall, I thought he was dead but he just knocked himself out and was fine in an hour lol.

NeekaLovesYou

Reaction score
Just another one of their traits that makes your anxiety go into over drive! It's perfectly normal...if not slightly terrifying!

Cheva

Reaction score
Ive read a few stories od Axies doing the same after being "startled" .. They do certainly keep us guessing

gfsward

Reaction score
One of mine did this and I nudged her a few times without any response. Then I dropped some food in front of her face. Out of nowhere she just snaps it out of thin water! :eek:
I think they enjoy seeing us freak out :lame:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!