I am soooo proud

ashleymonae1

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
Animal Lovers of Cali
I have been buying different things for about two weeks trying my hardest to get one of my newts to eat. Mealworms, waxworms, bloodworms, worms worms worms and finally frozen brine shrimp. Thank u lord for frozen brine shrimp. Everyone is eatting now and everyone loves the frozen brine shrimp. Grumpy and Mr. Newton love them (the newts) Nicholas and Hunter X loves them (the turtles) and Frogger actually ate out of my hand (the african dwarf frog). Today is a great day for this hungry house :rolleyes:

Sidenote: I am going to post new pictures of our new baby the Long Tail Lizard soon:D

That's great! Just be sure to keep a close eye on your water quality when using brine shrimp - they can foul the water quickly. Be sure to suction out all uneaten shrimp soon after feeding.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back