Pics of new tank setup for the little one :)

FX1C

Reaction score
Country
Australia
After asking & gaining lots of great advice on here & learning on the hop 0.0 - I've redone the tank with much less sand, more space for swimming & more natural rock hides.

I'm going to be setting up an AquaOne AR620 as his next tank & will be setting it up using the walstad concept as the overall long term plan :) hopefully it'll be a few weeks until he's big enough for the new tank - then it will be ready :D

Some pics under low light of new tank set up, end views & of course some of the little one posing :)

9e9a4esu.jpg

edudysap.jpg

4a3evyvy.jpg

y5apahys.jpg

zy6avesa.jpg

tutevuqa.jpg

8ure5ape.jpg

Great to hear you're using the forum to its full potential, as are other users. The set up looks great

I like how you made the cave for your little axie. He will definitely appreciate it!

Hmmm the cave wasn't big enough & the little one didn't seem to like the new layout preferring the plants - he's never been big on the hides I have provided & I've been looking for something that would suit his small (temp) tank...
Today I stole another hide from my Betta that no longer needed it :) it's been a great success & I'll post more pics tomorrow :) can't resist taking pics of my little one!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352470549.019995.jpg

I found a cool 1.5w LED desk lamp today :) it's not too bright to annoy the little one - but it makes finding him easier ;)
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352542240.914438.jpg

Placed behind the plain blue backed tank it makes for some cool night lighting :)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352542283.380555.jpg

This is the 'worm pit' sloped hills either side keep the worms bunching in the corner & they don't seem to want to leave ;) makes for a walk thru munch zone lol

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352542572.544680.jpg

Last one ...

:eek: a crocodile ate my axie 0.0

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352542638.180645.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352542395.931433.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352542395.931433.jpg
    156.1 KB · Views: 329
OMG I'm Jealous lol

Well Done I love it!!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back