Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Question: How much do you feed?

natjobe

Reaction score
Hello! Wondering how much everyone feeds their axies and how often? I feed once a day and skip a day or 2 a week in thoughts they are opportunists and probably don't eat a ton in nature? Also it's much cooler now and the water slows their metabolism? I feed my adults 2 medium sizes earth worms each. I find the first is down quickly and the 2nd is a little slower with more chomping. Curious what others do. I also treat with bloodworms 2-3 times a month.

Chugga

Reaction score
I find mine change in behaviour when hungry - if satiated they will just hang where they are and keep doing what they are doing when I approached - unless hungry then they will approach expectantly. This behaviour is different to say, one in particular that will approach it I start talking to them (yeah crazy axolotl lady - beats talking to yourself) or anything else that " invites curiosity".

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!