Photo: New Interim Tank for Splat the Axie :)

FX1C

Reaction score
Country
Australia
OK... after yesterday's leap from the tank I had the realisation that the "egg tank" Splat has been living in was beyond tiny 0.0 I purchased a larger 50cm tank to house the little one until his next home is set up & cycled properly :) he seems happy & has been marching around the floor like a British Bulldog (soooo cute!).

Tanks have now taken over my kitchen bench lol :) I've got a tall tank with Endlers Guppies then the new larger tank - in the pic I put the old tank to show the comparison of old to new tanks.

I'm thinking I'll get a sponge filter tomorrow as I think it could be needed now the tank is a much larger capacity...
Is this a good idea??

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352970407.239491.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352970535.305434.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352970561.192156.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352970589.650507.jpg

<3 >o_o< <3

Oh wow i never realised how tiny the original was when you said you took it to the kitchen to do a water change i was like surely there's an easier way ;)

Nope 0.0 the little tank was barely 6L

In hindsight a larger tank would've been great a few weeks ago... I'm now wondering if Splat is going to grow even quicker now he's got room to stretch his legs :) perhaps the little tank stunted his growth ... That & the fact we've only discovered live black worms in the last 2 weeks & he's come on leaps & bounds (literally leaping lol ;) )

I'm also more madly in love with him than ever - when I took out the black stepping stones to put in the plastic log hide - Splat swam over & landed on the back of my hand :D I slowly turned my hand over & he walked his way to sitting in my finger tips <3 not sure physical interaction is a good idea but he sat there for ages (camera / phone was of course just out of reach :p lol)

<3 >o_o< <3

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back