susy

Reaction score
Country
Australia
is this fungus????????

untitled4.png

untitled5.png

untitled6.png

i brought him about 2mths ago and he was in terrible conditions, and this on his gills only developed about 1wk ago and is getting worse.

It doesn't look like it has the right consistency to be fungus. Have you checked your water temps and quality?

If you're concerned then obviously watch for any changes and just maybe drape a towel over the tank. But i think it could just be normal, please don't do salt baths etc until someone with more experience tunes it to tell you otherwise.

I think the white haze is just a buildup of slime coat/mucus. I've seen it a few times, and it doesn't usually turn out to be anything alarming.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back