Help with Diagnosis....?

ktcwgrl

Reaction score
Country
United States
I recently rescued a trio of Axos that belonged to a very sick woman. The tanks were in terrible condition and two of them have some spots on them. I'm just wondering if this is disease or just funky, natural markings. I tried to get as good of a shot as I could, but I know it's not optimal. Thanks for the help!

Attachments

• IMG_0028.jpg
    IMG_0028.jpg
    329 KB · Views: 136
It's hard to say from the picture but it doesn't look like anything sinister to me. One of mine has very similar gold markings on her face, tail and flanks. She is a picture of health. Obviously if you're still concerned keep an eye on them. See if the "patches" grow larger and/or start becoming apparent at different points of the body. It may also be worth studying the axolotl's behavior and eating habits so you're sure they are otherwise in tip top condition.

Is it possible to get a better picture of the spot on top of the head, between the gills? And the one on the back by the fin?

The yellow spots on the face are just normal coloration.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back