They got bored...

Methodzki

Reaction score
Country
Poland
My axolotl broke my hart today... I wasn't expecting much from this relationship but love my axies axoLOT even do I realise they do not love me back (deep inside I know they do) and my face in front of a tank is like an ice cream van melody to kids.
So today I got in front of the tank as usual to check on the wild horde. So the movement was great greetings but it is not feeding day so worms didn't arrive. So after a minute the fellowship went back to their own business of knocking their heads on glass, except one who kept looking at me, still hoping for a treat. I started to explain to him it is not time for food, that they're already fat, and he just yawn at me, turn around and walked away.
So... Pets yawn at me when I talk. I must be really boring and not entertaining. Now i have to talk to my girlfriend cos I have been rejected!

My axolotl broke my hart today... I wasn't expecting much from this relationship but love my axies axoLOT even do I realise they do not love me back (deep inside I know they do) and my face in front of a tank is like an ice cream van melody to kids.
So today I got in front of the tank as usual to check on the wild horde. So the movement was great greetings but it is not feeding day so worms didn't arrive. So after a minute the fellowship went back to their own business of knocking their heads on glass, except one who kept looking at me, still hoping for a treat. I started to explain to him it is not time for food, that they're already fat, and he just yawn at me, turn around and walked away.
So... Pets yawn at me when I talk. I must be really boring and not entertaining. Now i have to talk to my girlfriend cos I have been rejected!

I wouldn't worry too much unless your Girlfriend yawns and walks away of course. At that point I'd be brushing up on my conversation skills ;). My Chinchilla throws poop at me if I don't give him raisins :(. Pets are great for the ego hey! :ha:

This made my day :)

It's good to know that somewhere, in this great wide world, people are doing the exact same thing as you. Maybe on a different continent, maybe in a different language, but somewhere, someone is hovering over their tank, making baby talk, assuming their animals 1.) can hear, and 2.) give a hoot what they're saying.

Mine don't even beg. They've got me so well trained that they just come up out of their burrows and wait for me to dutifully drop worms in their face.

Have you ever run out to the ice cream truck, only to be told the freezer is empty and you're overweight anyway? (or maybe I,m the only one)

At least axies aren't cats who show their love with gifts of a half mouse in your slipper

So I said mine don't beg, and I went into the herp room to check the temperature and humidity, and my jefferson's literally charged across the tank at me. She's one of my most vigorous eaters. Problem is, she's so fat from her last giant worm, that she's not getting fed this time around. She's going to be so disappointed tonight at feeding time!

Man. All these feels. I knows them x)

I've always been in love with amphibians, but never in my life did I think I'd love Godric as much as I do. I am just obsessed with this gorgeous boy, and he always succeeds in grabbing my attention no matter what the circumstances are.

I could be running late to class or work or even for a date, and he'll bump around his tank and look adorable, so I just have to stay and watch him a bit longer.

The worst is when I get off work (at 2am) and come in to go to bed. I turn on my bedside lamp, and there he is, being all fabulously beautiful. I swear, sometimes I think he waits for me to come in at night. I always end up staying up waaay later than I need to, watching, doting on, and taking pictures of him.

I know salamanders don't have the same emotional capabilities as we do, not by a long shot, but I think that he loves me as much as a axolotl can. I'm happy to live in this delusion >.>

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back