Question: Eggs eggs eggs

Methodzki

Reaction score
Country
Poland
Hi all!

Something unusiual happend (i think). I got two tanks 60cm and 80 cm, and i got tree axies two females and a male. Two leucistics m and f been living together and wildtype had her own place cos she was coming back from leg injury. The pair had laid eggs twice, about 120 each time. Than weird happend about a month ago. Male put spermaphores around the tank but no eggs was layed. Than the male started to have problems with eating so i put two females together and male alone just to have an eye on him. He had problems with pooping so off to the fridge he went. As he came out i decided to give a try and mate him with the wildtype. So leuc f to separate tank and rest together. It was two days ago and I got eggs! From a lonely female in 60cm tank... Last spermaphores seen month ago... So is it normal?

You won't always see the spermatophores. Sometimes the female will pick them up before you see them. It can sometimes take a day or two to lay eggs.

They have been apart for two weeks (male and female). Plus she didn't laid them on the plants just drop them on a sand, but that might be cos of new place she is in. She has been in the tank for two days. She might be stressed.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back