Question: I got that little problem again. *Sigh*

Morrison

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Planaria...
And I don't know how to get rid of it.
I had another tank with planaria in it and I guess I accidentally used the same fishing net for that tank in my main tank (probably with some planaria on it...) and now I got planaria in my main tank.

All the times I got planaria in my tank I just cleaned out the whole tank and start again. But I think that's not the best solution.

I also tried some white powder (forgot the name. Started with an F I guess) but some of my axies started to act weird so I don't use that anymore.

But yeah. Planaria. I don't overfeed my axies. I just give them a worm each and sometimes pellets, but they're gone in no-time.

Who has the best solution? I hate to see little white thingies squirming on the glass.

Apologies as i have no solution as never had the problem (touch wood) but is that where the little white wormy things suction onto the glass? And is it harmful? Just askin as curious and for future reference x

Their populations rise and crash. Just wait them out. Maybe do a few extra water changes. You should give up trying to keep them out or get rid of them for good, because it's impossible.

If they bother you, you can suck them out with a turkey baster as you find them. But they're not harmful, so like Jess said, why fuss with trying to eradicate them?

Ah okay. Thanks.
:D

You can always start a planaria circus. Did you know that if you teach a planaria to navigate a maze, then cut it in half, both regenerated halves can navigate the maze? They're interesting in their own right.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back