Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Question: One or Two Axolotls

jumsyie101

Reaction score
Hey guys I am wondering whether I have a big enough tank for two axolotls. The tank dimensions, 3ft, 14, 20 inch high. I think it holds about 40 gallons. Here are some pictures and I may put some more fake plants in to make it a bit more prettier. I'm just struggling whether its big enough for 2 axo's. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353881555.635279.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1353881592.275491.jpg

Moobear2010

Reaction score
Mine i think looks around same size its just under 3ft and is 90 ltrs i have two axies and was recommended on this forum that 2 can live happily in this size

:) ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353881925.051765.jpg

X

Olivia97

Reaction score
In my 3 ft I have 3, usually I just go by the foot to an axie rule until about 4ft up when there's more you can put (1.5 axies to a foot).... Actually I think we have the same tank! Is yours from amazing amazon? Lol

Jumbuck

Reaction score
SaMe here. I'm find those extra 4" over ,standard, three footers is giving me wat shirtsleeves every time I need to reach the bottome of the tank. I'm currently barebottomed, but almost want to add substrate just to raise the floor! ;)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!