South Wales Herp show

xxianxx

Reaction score
Country
Wales
Display Name
nai live
Http://www.sware.org.uk/index.html A new show planned for next year in South Wales UK, it is the only welsh herp show of the year I am aware of. I have booking a table for £18 and have arranged with one of the organizers to offer cb amphibians from private sellers for sale. Due to the licensing rules only two sellers may be behind the stall, so feel free to drop some off on my table and have a look around the show. No charge will be made for this service but please familiarize your self with the show rules on animal packaging and displaying care requirements. PM me if you are interested, I have one additional seller pass for the price of £9, meaning you can be behind the stall and sell your own amphibians. I will not be offering other sellers axolotls for sale, all other amphibian species are fine.

Nice to see a local show. Not sure where I'll be in April next year but if I'm still in Bristol I'll pop across the bridge to visit this. Who knows, I may even keep you company behind the table and have a few newts for you to sell :D

I was just about to send you a pm about the show Mark, hope you and a few of your banded newts will be making an appearance, they would add a touch of class to a table full of axolotls and african clawed frogs lol

Also, do not forget the next BAKs (British Amphibian Keepers Society) meeting which has been penciled in for Sunday 21st April April 2013. Doors will open to members at 12pm and the venue is
St Leonards Sports and Social Club
St Leonards Works,
St Leonards Avenue,
Stafford,
Staffordshire.
ST17 4LX

Can Caudata members go?

SWARE Admission is £4 or £2.20 for oap and children under 12 who must be accompanied by an adult
BAKS This is a private members show and you need to be a member to go, membership however is available on the door (please note that joining on the door attracts a £1 premium above our online rates) or you can join online and pay via paypal.

To sign up online, first you need to register an account with this site B.A.K.S . Please ensure you fill in your postal address accurately. There will be a small delay before a member of the committee will activate your account (this is to prevent bot registrations, and also so that if a member joins who paid their sub at a meeting they can be added to the correct group quickly). Once you have done this, a new option will become visible in the top menu "Subscribe to BAKS", click on this and simply follow the instructions. Please allow up to 7 days for us to send you an email with your membership number in it, you will need to print this off and bring it with you to get into the show.

To sign up at our meeting, just show up with your subscription fee, and fill in one of our new member forms. You will be given your membership number there and then. You can then enter the meeting. If you join in this way, you can still access our forum, simply add your membership number into the correct field when registering, we will then ensure you are added to the member group when activating your account.

Thanks Ian.
Are there often any Tylos at the shows. Never been to a show only a tortoise show last year.

Thanks Ian.
Are there often any Tylos at the shows. Never been to a show only a tortoise show last year.

I may have a couple of T.verr going spare, I am growing ten on and selecting five to keep. You looking to buy some?

Hey Ian not looking at the moment. Just wondering if it would be like a diverse of species like tylos, and so on.

Hey Ian not looking at the moment. Just wondering if it would be like a diverse of species like tylos, and so on.

I cant say Sean, the Welsh show is new so its uncertain who will be going and what they will have. The only breeder I personaly know who is going is my friend Rhys and he has loads of snakes lol The BAKS show will probably have some T.verrucosus. I will be offering the same open table to caudata.org members there and nearer the date will be starting a thread for people to show what amphibians they will be taking with them. Caudata.org has a good representation on the BAKS comitte with myself, Bellabaloo and Jane1187 on it and Ade (the founder) is a non active member with the profile name BAKS.

Last edited:
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back