Hi there

DC1967

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Display Name
Donna
Hi there. Well yes yet another newby with axolotls. This site is absolutely amazing. I have been reading for weeks and finally joined. I hope one day to be able to assist other newbys to look after their Axolotls too. I have learnt so much and hopefully I am now armed with the information to look after my clan. I have four Axolotls which I hope to post some pics of to make sure I have what I think I have lol. All are adults and range from 18 - 23cm in length.

Welcome to the forum! There's everything you need to know about axies and probably more!

Thankyou! I have been reading until my eyes are blurry and can read no more ;) So much interesting information, great to read the stories about the axies and realise that you are not crazy thinking they are characters. These are my babies...

Attachments

• black eye white.jpg
    black eye white.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 126
  • IMG_1251.JPG
    IMG_1251.JPG
    53.1 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_1263.JPG
    IMG_1263.JPG
    30.4 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_1266.JPG
    IMG_1266.JPG
    25.4 KB · Views: 123
Your babies are very very cute, I love their smiley faces!

The smiley faces are what made me fall in love.:happy:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back