Hello from Alaska

jeninak

Reaction score
Country
United States
I am new here just stumbled on to it. I am thinking about getting a axolotl. I have an empty 10 gal sitting in storage. I like fish tanks but its alot of matince and I like unusual pets. I understand that axolotl have their own matinace also. I have been doing research.I think they are very intersting. I have watched youtube videos and they are cool to watch. Also they are fairly easy to care for. But it wouldnt be untill I moved in to a bigger place. Currently I own 2 cats, 1 russian tortoise and a tokay gecko. I am married and have an 11 month old girl. Life is great! It is very cold up here right now!! Not much snow.. The days have gotten very short, gets dark at 5 pm, sun rises at about 8:00 am.

Welcome to the forum! It's very refreshing to hear of someone actually researching a pet BEFORE they get it!

I've got a friend in Fairbanks. She posted a picture of her thermometer last night; -40F. Brrr! I'm glad I got out of there when I did!! Although the days aren't much longer here. It's dark by 5.

Welcome to the forum!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back