Size to sell

frogman

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
Evan
I have a ton of axie babies that are getting pretty big. I was wondering what an appropriate size I should start selling them at would be. They are 1-1.5" right now. And what price do these colors usually sell for. The prices labeled next to the colors is my thought on what prices might be. Do they sound reasonable or no?
I have
GFP Gold-$35
Gold-$25
GFP Wild Type-$25
Wild Type-$15

Thanks

Evan

They sound about right for here in Aus (not pet shop bought) but i can't speak on behalf of the US

Yeah those prices sound about right.
I usually start selling mine when they're at least 3 inches long.

Thanks here is my biggest wild one.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    222.9 KB · Views: 272
Just finished cleaning all 159 of them. Each in their own container. Also I just fed them. It is sad :( that the obesity problem in America is even affecting the young ones. Think I'm gonna cry;)

Oh and by the way, haven't gone insane yet since this is my first time raising larvae, Score!:D

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 264
It is sad :( that the obesity problem in America is even affecting the young ones. Think I'm gonna cry

Btw when I said this I meant young axolotls:D

And the same wild type larvae now. So happy to see hind legs coming in soo well, so far not bad for a first time rookie breeder. I went from 215 eggs to the now 159 growing larvae. The majority of loss was dud eggs, I have also had a few larvae deaths. Next time I think I will only raise 100, I have kept a steady schedule and it has really kept me sane. I would like to thank you all for helping me start on the beginning of a new business.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 207
They are not very good but here is a pic of the golds under a black light. They glow so bright.

Another thing about pricing is that I was at a Petstore the other day that have a breeding pair of axolotls and they have juviniles that are for sale. I could not believe my eyes when I saw the juviniles wild types selling for $50 dollars, and they actually sold some. It is amazing what some people will pay for something they probably don't know a thing about caring for.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 328
They are not very good but here is a pic of the golds under a black light. They glow so bright.

Another thing about pricing is that I was at a Petstore the other day that have a breeding pair of axolotls and they have juviniles that are for sale. I could not believe my eyes when I saw the juviniles wild types selling for $50 dollars, and they actually sold some. It is amazing what some people will pay for something they probably don't know a thing about caring for.

gah when they are so small they are so cuuuutee I wanna dieeee

I just got all the shipping bags today. I plan to put up an add on the 24 of December. I just want the legs to grow in a little more. My biggest one can now be called a juvinile.

I would wait on shipping until after the Christmas Rush of mail is over.

I will not be shipping for about a week after. Just taking orders. I will probably ship on Mondays and Tuesdays.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back