What happens to the worm after it's eaten?

tumptyteapot

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It's just that Axies seem to be somewhat insubstantial, easy to move with a slight touch and worms are big wriggly bags of muscles. I see my 5 inch Axies take on worms that when stretched are as long as them and wonder why they are not dancing when the worm is inside them? Are they just stronger than they look?

If you get a particularly big worm, sometimes you can see them wiggling in the stomach.

Stomach acid is powerful, and quickly kills the worm.

It goes in, yumyum thinks Mr Axolotl. If it's a biggen it goes wiggle wiggle then gets melted by stomach acid, then it becomes poo. I haven't ever really thought about it but I like to keep it simple, my children of the future may ask the same one day! :lol:

If you get a particularly big worm, sometimes you can see them wiggling in the stomach.

Stomach acid is powerful, and quickly kills the worm.

I've only had my babies a few weeks now. They are also keen to eat worms that stretch as long as them.

I've seen them hiccup several times and throw up the worm they just ate. Sometimes they'll try again, other times they ignore it as "too big". Once Roykh ate two worms and then threw up three live ones. The only place i can think the third wriggler came from was dinner two nights previous (unless he stole one from his tankmates when I wasn't looking)

I can sometimes see them wiggle and move inside my axies.
Worm: *wigglewigglewiggle* "OMG!"
Axie: *poker face*

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back