Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

So Excited!

Martin21114

Reaction score
Tuco's laying her first batch of eggs!

Attachments

• IMG_1709.jpg
    IMG_1709.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 239
  • IMG_1715.jpg
    IMG_1715.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 237

Martin21114

Reaction score
Is Nugget the father? Or is it Midas who hiding in the corner? Only Maury knows for sure! lol:D

Attachments

• IMG_1716.jpg
    IMG_1716.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 229

gfsward

Reaction score
Congrats! The eggs you got from me were my axies first too! :D

Martin21114

Reaction score
In honor of my new tweakers, I started making decorations for a new 10 gallon tank for them to play in. Going for castle ruins this time. Here it is so far with and without the flash:

Attachments

• IMG_1727.jpg
    IMG_1727.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 196
  • IMG_1728.jpg
    IMG_1728.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 188

xxianxx

Reaction score
Congratulations on the eggs and babies, if you use plastic or real plants the axy will lay on them , they are easy to remove from the tank then. I use planted pots/tubs, you can pull the plants out easy then.

Martin21114

Reaction score
Yep, unfortunately she was in the "metroid" tank when she laid, so thee were eggs stashed in all these little nooks and crannies and all over the walls. Not a lot of plants in that tank except marimo moss balls.

xxianxx

Reaction score
If the eggs you pulled from the tank are hatching check the adult tank, you will be suprised how many you can miss, use a turkey baster to suck the little guys up who are still in there.

Martin21114

Reaction score
If the eggs you pulled from the tank are hatching check the adult tank, you will be suprised how many you can miss, use a turkey baster to suck the little guys up who are still in there.

I was doing that at first, I switched to a syphon tube later, which ended up working a little better.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1