Shocked

scooty16

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Display Name
Scooty
Although it might not be thread worthy, I was cleaning out my 25cm wildtype last night and was truly shocked to see a poop nearing the size of a small cocktail sausage! :eek: I mean, I was so shocked, I fished it out to show my mum.

Anyone else have big pooping axies? :D

Lol! Yes well I have to admit that the first time I witnessed one of mine taking a **** I was horrified at the size of it, but you win hands down in the size stakes :rofl:

I've seen really big 'Tootsie Rolls' in my tank. I wanted to make a picture and share it over here...
But I've already made a poo related thread once... so I didn't. Just in case people think I'm the big axie poo addict on the forum :D

This made my day! It's quite an event when I find poo the size of a cat. The whole family come round, take pictures, have celebratory drinks! I'm even thinking of setting a a souvenir stand - might make myself a nice investment?! :proud:

Look guys, it's clear I am not alone on this subject. I think we should make a poo thread, with pictures, to see whose got the biggest turd! :D

P.S Does anyone's axie's poops have a marble effect to them? Not that I analyse them of of course, but sometimes mine are mixture of light and dark brown! It's quite impressive!

Lol.
I've found a weird shaped Tootsie Roll in my tank last night. It's a bit longer and more flat than usual.
I made a picture. Anyone interested? Lawl.
(Oh god, maybe I'm obsessed with axie poo... :( Poor me, poor you... Adsfdgch)

A poo thread would be nice. Hopefully I'm not the only one posting poopoo there.

P.S Does anyone's axie's poops have a marble effect to them? Not that I analyse them of of course, but sometimes mine are mixture of light and dark brown! It's quite impressive!

I guess it depends what you're feeding the axie - if you feed a combination of worms & pellets then that would easily explain the marbling.

Sadly I've spent way too much time picking up dog poo & because I feed a totally 100% BARF / Raw Natural Style diet - I often check consistency & colour when I'm doing the rounds "harvesting barker eggs" for instance the dinner mix I feed is a mix of minced chicken frames / beef / lamb liver with addition of some supplements. Then every morning they eat a few totally consumable non load bearing raw meaty bones like beef briskit, lamb neck, lamb chine bones. The poo after the meal of just bones will be very firm hard poo that dries white quickly after being laid & sitting in the sun - the dinner poos don't ever dry white & they are not hard just firm.

I always say you can tell the health / condition of any animal from its
"ins & outs - food in / poop out"

So sadly studying poo is my fate - at least now I can add axie poop watching & analysing to my repertoire ;) lmfao

I really wish I didn't have a life...
Because then I could tell myself
to go & get a life :D

sad 'ol pooper snooper scooper I am :)

<3 >o_o< <3

well, when you have a creature that poops as much as axies do...you either get REALLY grossed out or you learn to love them for it ;) Its much more pleasant to love them vs hate their poop

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back