They grow so fast! Turning out to be a very handsome / pretty Axie :)

FX1C

Reaction score
Country
Australia
I'm a proud mama & after standing mesmerised in front of my accidental axie babies tank & taking 100's of pics of the adorable cuteness, watching the translucence change to colouring & recently I've noticed little white spots in feint strips down both sides symmetrically & it shimmers in certain light :)

So I thought I'd share some recent pics of Splat :D

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356239110.996492.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356239132.022956.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356239158.228948.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356239294.066751.jpg

^^ ditty baby splat .... Nawwwww :)

<3 >o_o< <3

That is one stunning looking Axolotl. Is it a light wildtype or some sort of melanoid?

Regards Neil

I'm a proud mama & after standing mesmerised in front of my accidental axie babies tank & taking 100's of pics of the adorable cuteness, watching the translucence change to colouring & recently I've noticed little white spots in feint strips down both sides symmetrically & it shimmers in certain light :)

So I thought I'd share some recent pics of Splat :D

View attachment 26530

View attachment 26531

View attachment 26532

View attachment 26533

^^ ditty baby splat .... Nawwwww :)

<3 >o_o< <3

Just like to say I truly admire the way you've raised this axie. S/he looks extremely happy and helthy, also a really nice colouration. Definitely worth the 100's of photos ;)

That is one stunning looking Axolotl. Is it a light wildtype or some sort of melanoid?

Regards Neil

To be honest I'm not really that sure myself :eek: it's eyes are black - I can't see the wild type ring... It's changing daily so it's a fun waiting game :D

<3 >o_o< <3

Just like to say I truly admire the way you've raised this axie. S/he looks extremely happy and helthy, also a really nice colouration. Definitely worth the 100's of photos ;)

Thank you Olivia ;) & the only reason he's still alive is thanks to all the great people like yourself on this forum :D
I'm (pretty sure splat is too) eternally grateful :)

<3 >o_o< <3

I have no idea why I winked at you Olivia 0.0 lol it was meant to be a :)

:D

<3 >o_o< <3

Ohhhhhh! He's so pretty!!! Where did you get him from?

Ohhhhhh! He's so pretty!!! Where did you get him from?

Ahhhhhh this little guys origins are completely unknown :(

He came home as an egg attached to a plant bought for a Betta tank - when I asked what the jelly blob was the girl said she thought it might be axie eggs as they'd thrown the adults in the plant tank while their tank got cleaned.. I couldn't put the eggs in the tank to be eaten so I pulled out an old tank & popped the plant in... A week or so later I was staring into the tank with plant & noticed movement :D

He's a sole survivor & he's been through a lot!!! I did everything wrong :(

I found a pic of tiny baby axie & having more experience with all your healthy babies - I'd say this guy was desperately skinny :(

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356686268.229012.jpg

But those eyes made me melt from the very beginning :)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356686373.907449.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356686064.862323.jpg

<3 >o_o< <3

Ahhhhhh this little guys origins are completely unknown :(

He came home as an egg attached to a plant bought for a Betta tank - when I asked what the jelly blob was the girl said she thought it might be axie eggs as they'd thrown the adults in the plant tank while their tank got cleaned.. I couldn't put the eggs in the tank to be eaten so I pulled out an old tank & popped the plant in... A week or so later I was staring into the tank with plant & noticed movement :D

He's a sole survivor & he's been through a lot!!! I did everything wrong :(

I found a pic of tiny baby axie & having more experience with all your healthy babies - I'd say this guy was desperately skinny :(

View attachment 26614

But those eyes made me melt from the very beginning :)

View attachment 26615

View attachment 26613

<3 >o_o< <3

that is plainly just... A.D.O.R.A.B.L.E.

That must have been cool having them hitchhiking to you :) usually the things I get from plants are pond snails LOL. Seriously tho, I love them when they are so tiny, and watching them grow must be a great experience XD

Wow! Just wow. That's one beautiful axolotl!
I'm still very interested in what color type it is...

I'm mesmerized, such a pretty 'lotl!

Absolutely adorable and gorgeous, his baby pictures are amazing, as well.

Now you'll be able to whip them out when someone comes over to see him, and embarass him thoroughly! Lol

Still. He's turning into a rather gorgeous creature.

Just so Splat & Squishy don't feel left out here are some very recent shots if the idiots as they are fondly known :eek:

Splats gotten bigger :)
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359095975.200084.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359095998.430460.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359096116.714149.jpg

Splat not much a fan of the camera as Squishy is - he's such a poser ;)
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359096043.397932.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359096068.635196.jpg
^^Squishy rear view - he's got great gills

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359096154.718399.jpg
Boof head Squishy

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359096202.058805.jpg
Splat again :)

<3 >o_o< <3

I must say that your photos (and axolotls:D) are amazing!

May I ask what (type of) camera you are using?

I must say that your photos (and axolotls:D) are amazing!

May I ask what (type of) camera you are using?

lol thanks for the compliment :)

I just use my iphone4 no gadgets no special lens, lighting or settings...

You get to see about 0.5% of pics taken - mostly they look like this *laughs

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359110512.209678.jpg

Patience is my greatest tool
& axolotls are such fun models :D

<3 >o_o< <3

Lush, Splat was such a cute baby and has grown into a rather handsome young 'man', Squishy isn't too bad either ;).

Splat is getting so much darker than I imagined him getting :)

He's such a mamas lotl - he refuses to eat earthworms & I'm such a sucker I make sure he's a chubby lotl by filling him full of live blackworms :eek:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361352720.098165.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361352735.491668.jpg

Splat / Squishy / Sunbeam
in their old tank :)
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361352803.207734.jpg

<3 >o_o< <3

:D Love ur set up! Gives me ideas for when my little mate outgrows the present setup.

:D Love ur set up! Gives me ideas for when my little mate outgrows the present setup.

I have pulled that tank apart now & it's up for sale - they're now all in their new 4ft tank with a bare bottom though they don't like it as much as the sandy bottom :-/ I'm also going to try siliconing down some lovely ceramic tiles that are a rough finish matt brown. (Job leftovers :eek: ) in another 4ft tank I have :) we'll see how bodgey that looks when I'm done o_O lol

<3 >o_o< <3

Yes my tank should be big enough for my guy, i had it made up for me by a local guy that makes tanks and stands. Next thing is to get one of his hand carved stands made up for me. My tank is not very tall due to axies mainlybfloor dwellers. Especially mine, he lazy bugger.

If u silicone the tiles in let me know how it looks. Would a tile affect the ph balance too much? I can get 3d floors and backgrounds made up by the guy that made my tank. I was also going to consider moulding the floor with silicon and pushing the gravel into that. The lady i bought my axies off did that n it looks alright.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back