Snail,Scavenger fishes,shrimps

Neik0s

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Wha't about hypostomus plecostomus in the axie's tank ? Some experience ? Or, what's about other species scavenger fishes ? What's about some Limnee or some Planobarius in axies tank ? Could they live without big problem whit axies ? WHat's about some shrimps in the axies tank ?

ty

have a nice day and merry xmas!

In my opinion, the best is still axolotls with axolotls, no other tank mates. They'll snap at anything that moves.

Scavenger fish, no. Quarantined shrimp are fine, but will probably get eaten.

Plecos will suck the slime of an axolotls body , allowing fungal attacks , they are potentially lethal.

If you want "scavengers" in your tank (which are not needed) , ghost shrimp and pond snails are about all that is appropriate. The shrimp will eventually get eaten, but if you're OK with that, then go for it.

I love amano shrimp because they are less chance that your pet shop will sell you a faux ghost shrimp confused with Macrobrachium shrimp which look similar but then grow to be a dangerous addition to your tank, but then again the chances are one in a thousand, but you do hear the occasional horror story, I personally don't like them too much, amano shrimp are opaque looking, similar to ghost shrimp, but they eat both algae and scavange for any scrap of food.

They do well in groups and aren't too expensive, groups of 3 and more are recommended. Mine are too smart for their own good and have evaded my axies for the past 20 days. XD

GHOST SHRIMP

Live%20F165.jpg

AMANO SHRIMP:

Caridina_japonica_2.jpg

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back