Hi guys

funki35

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys my name is steve (funki35)
i have joined here to find out as much as i can about my axilottlos , and yes i cant spell it lol.
well i have kept tropical fish for over 20 years and always enjoyed them and last year i came across these exciting new walking fish (what they call them in newzealand) they are really cool and my daughter feeds them by hand , oh by the way we live in england , anyway i just wanted to introduce myself and say hi everyone :D

Hi & welcome :)

You've definitely come to the right place to learn lots about lotls :) they have a million nicknames & the thing that helps around here is if you're axie crazy you'll fit right in ;)

Please post a pic if your axie & tank :)
So we can see your new addition & possibly identify any issues with tank. sadly many axies are sold from pet shops with very poor inaccurate information on caring for them... Often selling them with gravel (which they swallow & causes impaction), the wrong types of foods & even a heater 0.0

<3 >o_o< <3

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back