Worm advice.

pavett1990

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello,

i have a bit of a question.. i want to feed my axolotl earthworms but as strange as it sounds my mum has a phobia of them and has plainly refused me to have them in the house. she doesnt mind blood worm as it is in cubes and frozen..is there anywhere i can buy these from like this?

thanks

ashley

I haven't heard of frozen earthworms so far. But what one doesn't know won't hurt one.
I kept mine in an empty ice-cream box in a closet... So unless you want to keep thousand of worms, you can keep them hidden from your mum i suppose.

Earthworms turn to stinky mush when frozen and thawed. Hide live ones like the poster above said, or order some salmon pellets. Salmon pellets make a good staple food that many people use.

Keep the earthworms ouside or in a shed /garage , they dont like it too warm anyway.

Nutrition-wise there should be a big difference. Or so i'm told.

Earthworms should be filled with nomnoms that are good for your axolotl.

brilliant.. ok ill get digging tonight haha.. is it better from an organic garden? as my grandad has an allotment

Organic is much better. If there is any chance that the worms have come in contact with fertilizers or pesticides, do not use them. These can be deadly to your axolotl.

Salmon or carnivore pellets will do fine too. They're nearly as nutritious as earthworms. Bloodworms lack a lot of calcium.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back