Question: Is this normal?

hayleymason

Reaction score
Country
England
My axolotls became parents about 2 weeks ago. They have just been put back in their original home, and within two days... hundreds more eggs. I didnt think they would mate this often?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

They can be very good at reproducing :D Temperature changes may have triggered them off again. If you don't wish to raise the eggs, leave them in the tank with the parents.

Hi Hayley

Wondered what colour the parents were and what colour offspring your last mating produced. While these are still quite freshly laid they could potentially be posted within the UK or perhaps someone could collect from you?

May be worth posting in the for sale/trade/give away section with your location.

I can feel myself becoming quite tempted as I have empty tank syndrome :-/

All the best.

Axies are worse than rabbits :p

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back