Sexual maturity.. effects/impacts?

abbie1410

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
just wondering really if anyone has experienced any problems with their as they begin to mature?

mine aren't eating at the minute and i'm a bit worried but apparently they can go for a month without food. anyway, thats not really the reason for my thread.

i was more interested to know if them not eating could be as a reslt of them reaching maturity? or having a growth spurt? someone on twitter suggested it to me ( not the most relaible source of info i know ;)) just wondering if there was any truth behind it though?

can't seem to find much on it without getting the in and outs of sexual maturity!

any thoughts welcome!
(even if to tell me i'm barking mad! haha)

They're not ornery teenagers. Maturity should make no change on whether or not they eat. Their eating frequency, however, may change. How long since it has eaten, and what is the temperature of your tank? I am assuming that you have been responsible enough to keep up on water quality.

Also, at six months they are not likely mature yet. Are there any signs?

Edit:
I have just gone back to your other topic. The answer to your question was already there. They are not eating because you have been moving them around, doing large water changes, etc. They are stressed. Leave them be a few days and they will eat.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back