Question: Not ammonia..

Moobear2010

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi my axie has red like erm looks like cuts only on his feet and legs as seen in pic.. I first presumed i must have had an ammonia spike and it was due to that but my water is tested and fine..could this just be due to little nips from tank mate (another axie) Any ideas before i have to pay for a vets opinion? X

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357833110.374966.jpg

Just looks like a nick, keep an eye on it. If the water is clean and cool it should mend well.

Probably chomps from a tankmate. Keep an eye on the pair, as this seems to be a fair number of bites.

I saw one of them happen today as i fed them it was misjudged and this one got a bite thats how i ended up noticing this they arent usually bad with each other and as the tanks next to my couch im usually watchin them all the time x

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back