Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Question: Are these worms ok?

Jennadenny

Reaction score
im looking at buying 25kg of worms for my axols but there are 2 different types and im not sure what one to go with, they are lobworms and dendrobaena.
can anyone tell me if these are any good

Bellabelloo

Julia
Staff member
Reaction score
You can use either. If you are feeding an adult only, I would use the lob worms, you many need to cut them in half though. I tend to order the dendrobaena as I have caudates in many different sizes and they suit them better.

Kaysie

Site Contributor
Reaction score
That's a LOT of worms... How many axolotls do you have?!

I just bought 1 pound of worms (0.5kg) and I'm wondering what on earth to do with them all!

Sam77

Reaction score
Dendrobaena keep a bit longer, whereas lobworms tend to die faster, and really need to be kept in the fridge. Some axies don't like dendrobaena, but mine have always been fine with them. If you are ordering from a site like worms direct, you can always ask them to do you a mixed pack to see which you prefer. I find worms direct massively helpful, they always put packs together for me that they don't offer on the Internet.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!