Pellets

Tephra

Reaction score
Country
Belgium
I'm thinking of getting some pellets, cuz finding worms in my area (or finding shops that sell earthworms at decent prices) isn't easy. I guess I just live out of the way of most stuff...

I'm thinking of getting these:

JBL NovoLotl XL - Aquatis Fresh water - JBL

Would they be any good?

Would still be feeding my axies earthworms, but the worms I currently have are rather small, and as such I'd like to give them time to grow :p

The "sinking food pearls" part really sounds interesting.
I'm using newt pellets for the moment because my local fishstore can't get any earthworms until February, but they tend to float so that's no good...

I think that they would be fine, I've never used that brand myself but if they're made for lotls then they should be pretty good

They're fine. I use them too and my axies love them! (I also feed worms, so it's not their only type of food).

I use them too. Just make sure not to leave them in the water for more then about 20 mins or they disintegrate and cover your tank in gunk. My Axies seem to hoover them up pretty readily!

I use them too. Just make sure not to leave them in the water for more then about 20 mins or they disintegrate and cover your tank in gunk. My Axies seem to hoover them up pretty readily!

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind :)

Hi there,

Another lotl newbie here, got my little girls yesterday, at least we think they're girls. Been feeding them on frozen bloodworms so far, going to go earthworm hunting once the ground in the garden is a bit less waterlogged and snowy. Looking into pellets to keep us going.

Does the oil content of pellets make a difference? I know you're not supposed to feed them too much in terms of fatty foods and wasn't sure if this applied to oils.

I've been looking at these Dynamite Baits XL Range – Chapmans Angling carp and trout pellets, is one more suitable than the other? Are either?

Any advice on good and current UK suppliers of suitable pellets would be greatly appreciated. :eek:

Jo

Hey,
I bought some of these pellets today. He keeps spitting them out but I'll keep trying :wacko:

Any idea how many a juvenile axolotl should be fed each day?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back