Top 3 Common Mistakes of Axolotl Owners (That I've seen)

So true. Pet stores should watch this BEFORE selling axolotls.

Good video :)
Pity YouTube can't make that a sticky ;)

<3 >o_o< <3

Good video, but how dodgy did that bottom shelf look?! I wouldn't want to be stood anywhere there those tanks!

We have a fantastic pet-shop near us that keeps theirs in a bare bottom tank, and use sponge filters. No heaters, no bright lights, places to hide... They feed a varied diet of live bloodworm/daphnia/earthworms. They also provide a pretty decent care sheet to anyone who buys an axolotl from them.

I'm not sure how the bottom shelf looks dodgy to you? Each shelf is able to hold up to 5,000 lbs and I can assure you I'm not even close to that. Also it's been up for almost two years.

I'm not sure how the bottom shelf looks dodgy to you? Each shelf is able to hold up to 5,000 lbs and I can assure you I'm not even close to that. Also it's been up for almost two years.

It looks like it's bending in the middle underneath the 2 tanks. I hope it's just from the camera!

I was fascinated by the bottom shelf too. Spent the time trying to work out why it looked bowed instead of listening lol

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Hey,

I watched another video of yours on Youtube the other day about setting up a tank. Thanks for all the information, you've been a great help! I will subscribe to you. :happy: Is that your house? You have so many tanks ^.^

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back