Instagram?????

Moobear2010

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone with an iphone have instagram app? (Dunno if available on other smart phones) well here goes.. If you have have u ever searched #axolotl??
I did (dunno why coz i knew id just get mad)
If not heres what ur missin...

Massssive ax
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358203828.459215.jpg

Eatin mice? This cant be healthy? (Read comments)
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358203852.246231.jpg

:(

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358203891.661310.jpg

These get me really mad axie out of water

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358203921.571814.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1358203934.379169.jpg

And thing been most are foreign so cannot understand some things :(

Mice are an acceptable food source in moderation. They're fairly high in calcium.

Why is that poor thing on the floor!? :eek:

Because its the walking fish and while they change water they let it walk about is what i could make out of the comments i have commented this forum on pics weather they will listen is another thing isnt it :(

Poor thing. Who knows what kind of nasties it's picked up...

Eeeks, and what if someone accidentally steps on that poor thing. The horrorrr.:sick:

That first picture! Wow, such a big axolotl or it appears to be a big one.

And i'm rather shocked to see an axolotl on the ground... and that explanation, it sounds absurd!

Its big according to its picture title, and i know i was devastated to see that there were thousands of shocking pictures but couldnt snap n show em all so if you have or can get instagram check out #axolotl

Xx

Wow, really glad i don't have instagram. That second picture just makes me feel really sad for the mouse. I hope it was already dead before they threw it into the tank. :eek: What a way to go! Poor mouse probably felt like it was in a jaws movie. Hearing the theme song in my head now :D..... I think I'll stick to my pellets and earthworms thank you very much.

Again, feeder mice are acceptable for large caudates, usually pinkies, but fuzzies or hoppers are fine for larger animals. My sirens could have taken a small adult mouse in one gulp. All of mine get them every couple of weeks. Unless you're a sadist, people use frozen-thawed mice.

omg people always ask me when i say i have them can they go out of water? no way i dont want to kill my lovely axies :(

Axolotls are bred as a food item - mostly in Japan, from all the axolotl tempura I've seen. Personally, I see no issue in raising axolotls as a food item- I'm sure they have better lives than all the cows and chickens people eat from factory farms. An animal raised properly for food is different from blatant animal abuse and suffering.

Axolotls as livestock is no different than chickens as livestock, and more than likely better treated from the facilities I've seen. Don't freak out unnecessarily. Axolotls aren't dogs.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back