Billy our new Axolotl

MaddyAndBilly

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hi all,

Firstly this account is shared between my daughter (Maddy) and myself (Katy). Maddy is the very proud, but now worried :(, owner of a new Axolotl called Billy (sex unknown but we think it is a female). I'll post details of our concerns in the Sick Axolotl area soon

Secondly, I'd like to say that this is a great site and that I wish I had found it before I started believing all the information given to me by pet/aquarium shops. I have come to realise that they really don't understand Axolotls at all. :angry:

Regards

Welcome to the forum, Katy, Maddy, and Billy.

Unfortunately, it's true. Pet shops usually know very little about axolotls, nor do they care. You're not the first folks to come here after finding that out. I'm just glad you found us!

Thanks Kaysie, I'm glad I found you too. I wish that I had found you earlier though.

Thank you also for the advice you have given me in "in the Pond"

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back