Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Help!

susy

Reaction score
603166_10200227554313049_192349999_n.jpg

can someone tell me what this is and how to treat it

CJ1981

Reaction score
Are you talking about the white stuff?

Could you tell us what your water parameters are please? Temperature, PH, ammonia, nitrate and nitrite specifically. Thank you.

susy

Reaction score
no its the black bits on behind her leg, it looks like her skin is rotting....temp=17 ph=7.2.. ammonia nitrate and nitrite levels are all good.... I have 3 others in the same tank and they all seem fine..

FX1C

Reaction score
There are a couple of other threads with similar black type things around the opening - it could be parasites but I am definitely not an expert.

Are you able to take some more pics of the area & also one of the tank.

Are there any others sharing the tank like fish or snails?
How long have you had this axie - did he have the black things when you got him?
Has anything new been introduced to the tank environment?

Could you supply the water parameters
Ammonia / NitrIte / NitrAte & temperature. Is the tank cycled or a new set up - how long has it been running & how often are you doing water changes?

Sorry for all the questions - the more you can answer & post more pics - the more experts on here can try & see what is the problem.

You've definitely come to the right place & the experts on here are wonderful, so please don't panic.

I'll try & find the other threads on parasites & link them here - just to see if there are any other similarities.

<3 >o_o< <3

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!