First Time Hatchling Question

Chuck

Reaction score
Country
United States
:confused:This is my first time raising axies from eggs. They are doing great so far. I have 12 and 5 have hatched so far and I anxiously await the other 7. My question is 2 of the 5 that have hatched have either clear or white eyes...can't tell for sure, but the other 3 have little black eyes. Does this mean they are leucistic, albino, or any other possibility? They are all the same color as far as I can tell but I have read that the colors change as they mature. I just haven't been able to find any info about the eye color to give me some idea of what I have. Thanks in advance for your replies.

i'm fairly new to this as well but out of all the hatchlings we've had only the golden albinos had white eyes so i'd assume that white eyes mean albino..

i'm fairly new to this as well but out of all the hatchlings we've had only the golden albinos had white eyes so i'd assume that white eyes mean albino..

Thanks for the input. It also appears that one of the unhatched babies also has the clear/white eyes. Can't wait for them all to mature and see what turns out:eek:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back