Question: Is algae bad for axolotls?

jeneral

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Display Name
Jenna
I am wondering if the stringy algae like grows on the bottom of an outside pond is bad for axolotls. I recently put a floating plant in my axie tank and 3 days later I found hundreds of fish fry which must have been layed in the plant at the pet shop. Since I couldn't get all the fry out of my axolotl tank, I put a bit of the algae in their tank to feed the dozen or so fry left in there and my axies love hiding out in it. My axies are being relocated tomorrow so the fry can grow out in their big tank but I thought, if the algae isn't bad for them maybe I will get some more for their new tank so they can hide in it. Here is a pic of Fizz hanging out in the algae...

Attachments

• IMG_0718.jpg
    IMG_0718.jpg
    183.5 KB · Views: 553
Hiya I think it's fine to have it in there
It could be good for your water too

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back