Hello all from Bognor Regis UK

chillijim

Reaction score
Country
England
Hello all,

I'm James never reffered to as Jim, however jamers is too long to write as a user name. As the username suggests im a keen chilli grower and also have reignited my axolotl keeping hobby over the past couple of weeks after being given some 200+ eggs. I previously had a leucistic male who i kept on his own in a 6ft tank and he was brilliant, i did make the mistake of feeding him tadpoles from my outdoor pond (completely natural) at one point which made him lose all but one of his gills however after researching he came back fighting strong and is still living now albeit not with myself. We had to give him away unfortunately as we moved to a much smaller property. Now i am looking at building a new community of axies and enjoying seeing my eggs developing.

Thanks very much for reading and look forward to speaking to some of you in the none too distant future!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back