Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

New tank

snuggly time

Reaction score
Hi all, just thought I would share my new tank with you all.
I found this tank by accident the other day online. We decided one day Wooper was going to need a bigger tank with more floor space. So, I started searching on Google for bigger tanks so I could price them up. I reckoned we would need to save quite a bit of money to get one (thinking maybe couple hundred pounds for a big tank and stand).

Anyway, I was directed to gum tree, where people sell second hand items. So decided to have a look at what a second hand tank would cost. I typed in my local area and there was a tank & stand for £70!! Very cheap! I contacted the guy and it turns out he lived 15 - 20 minute drive away.

So I got this tank super cheap! If you're ever looking, it's worth checking out second hand tanks, they can save you so much money!

We got some cheap carpet to put under the tank, the foam that was there before was old and dirty.The tank was quite dirty so we spent ages cleaning it out. And I obsessed for ages about making sure all the gravel was gone lol.

We let it sit for a while and then introduced Wooper. He even has space for a feeding jar! Although, he freaked out the first time he was in it, couldn't find the way out, poor thing.
So far he's making the most of all the space. Never seen him move around so much. :D

(Please excuse all the messy house photos, we literally turned the apartment upside down trying to sort this tank out lol)

Attachments

• IMG_0713.jpg
    IMG_0713.jpg
    351.4 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_0715.jpg
    IMG_0715.jpg
    337.8 KB · Views: 133
  • IMG_0716.jpg
    IMG_0716.jpg
    325.4 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG_0717.jpg
    IMG_0717.jpg
    358.5 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_0718.jpg
    IMG_0718.jpg
    317.8 KB · Views: 140
  • IMG_0721.jpg
    IMG_0721.jpg
    303.8 KB · Views: 135
  • IMG_0722.jpg
    IMG_0722.jpg
    344 KB · Views: 126

snuggly time

Reaction score
I should have added it's a 3ft x 1ft x 1ft, 120L tank. Compared to his old tank which was 64L.

This is his old tank which will now house some fishies :D

Attachments

• IMG_0709.jpg
    IMG_0709.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 127

FX1C

Reaction score
That's fantastic & a bargain :)

Today must've been the day for trashing houses & setting up tanks :) hard work!

I bought one my AquaOne 850 on eBay for $100 & the guy offloaded everything aquarium on me - then a friend gave me her AquaOne 620 glad to be rid of it - since then I just seem to be acquiring tanks) love a bargain!

Your little lotl is going to have some muscly legs from strutting his stuff in his new pad :) he might even need a friend or two ;)

Love the pictures :) happy lotl!

<3 >o_o< <3

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1