New tank.

kimo

Reaction score
Country
England
Ok so Im upgrading my tank. The size is 36" x 15" x "12.
Please tell me that big enough for 2 axi.

Thanks xx

That will be adequate for 2 adults. Congrats on the new tank!

OH that is a relief Thanks so much. I have them in a 24" x 15" x 12" at the moment I have no idea how quick they grow. At least I know this will be the last tank I have to get them.

Usually they're adult size within 6 months.

I've read several places that say on average they grow an inch per month... I haven't had axies that long so I couldn't say, plus they like to grow at different rates based on genetics, temperature, environment and food.

Congratulations on your new tank! Your axies will be happy :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back