My axie spewed

net

Reaction score
Country
Australia
I've only owned my axies for 5 days now so im still learning lots about them. i just fed them live red wigglers. one of them chucked it back up, just wondering why? too big of worm, was it trying to wiggle in my axies gut, or does it secrete some sort of toxin that causes regurgitation? i was told to agitate the worm first because it'll secrete something that tastes foul in my axies mouth if i don't... on that note, i feel guilty when i do. worms dont really have a brain to allow them to suffer do they? kind of trivial thread but just wondering.

How old are your axies? He/she might've have just been full. Sometimes they'll vomit if they've eaten too much. When was the last time he ate/pooped?

Did he actually vomit or just spit it out of his mouth? If he spat it out it could've for many reasons. He's not actually hungry but lunged at the food anyway, the worm was hard to swallow, he didn't like the taste. It could even just be that he hasn't gotten used to his new home yet. Do you know what he was fed before you got him?

Most likely, he's not sick and it's nothing to worry about. :) If he's behaving normally otherwise he's probably okay.

Hi, I fed my axie a live earthworm for the first time a week or so ago. The next morning I woke up to worm vomit in the tank. Every time he ate them since he has been fine and no vomit. Keep trying, maybe they just need to get used to eating live food/worms.

Most of my axies just have to 'get used to worms' in the beginning. After a while they'll LOVE IT :D Just keep trying. They'll eat it when they're hungry.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back